Classic 1882 Heritage Home
Classic 1882 Heritage Home saved from Demolition - once again CDS Building Movers comes to the Rescue!
An original South March home built in the 1850's became the local post office, grocery and dry goods store and overall meeting place for the folks of South March from 1892 to 1938.
CDS moved the building back 30 meters off the soon to be expanded roadway. The Stone for the house was quarri...
Relocation of the Horticultural Building at Lansdowne Park
In May of 2012, CDS Building Movers began the relocation of the Horticulture Building at Lansdowne Park. There are only a few structural moving companies who have the expertise and depth to execute such a complex move — a move that requires a 98 year old brick building to be stabilized, lifted, moved approximately 600 feet over an underground parking garage, and then lowered onto a newly built f...
In 1994, the Walkerville Preservation Group, engaged CDS movers to relocate the Walkerville Town Hall and Post Offi ce, which were slated for demolition in the event that it was not possible to move the buildings. The Town Hall building was approximately 63’ by 38’ and 750 tons.
This project was unique as a result of the significant and heavy cement safe in the post office that added to ...
- Raising houses/cottages to install foundations
- Support for foundation repair
- Recycling of quality existing homes providing great value in starter and retirement family homes
- Supporting, shoring, and underpinning buildings for environmental clean ups
- Relocating heritage & historic buildings
- Raising roofs to expand commercial buildings